Tony Antoniou wrote:

> It never ceases to amaze me how people automatically think one brand is the
> same as the other simply because they have almost 54% share in that company.
>
> Adios,
> LarZ

Even though Sony pictures are probably totally owned by the BIG Sony Corporation,
I'm sure that the people in Japan have nothing to do with it's day to day.

To the best of my knowledge Aiwa is not a spin off of Sony.  For what ever reason
Sony decided to buy a large percentage of Aiwa stock.  But they never closed the
Aiwa factories and incorporated Aiwa production into Sony facilities.

The designs of Aiwa products that I have seen are very different, both inside and
out than a comparable Sony product (until the F90 anyway-but we know that Aiwa
has decided to discontinue R and D of MD products, so that should be no
surprise).

To make matters worse, every electronics products company sees fit to buy their
external power supplies from China, rather than manufacture their own.  It's
amazing that there aren't more product failures than there are considering how
cheaply the power supplies are made.

I have had more problems with either the plug or the jack on the units of many
high end products.  And tons of transformers just stop working.  Why not?  They
are not build with any voltage protection.  They use such cheap wire that if just
breaks and shorts out the transformer (besides all of the transformers that die
on their own, from lack of any voltage regulation).

Larry