On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:

>> With Qt Quick you have all enablers for full MeeGo UX and in Qt Quick
>> Components you have all UX components ready made.
>
> Well, not yet. And it's not yet clear what that means in terms of good
> cross-platform support (e.g. Symbian, Maemo or MeeGo).

Regarding cross platform support - you can use the same source code w/
MeeGo and Symbian. You may need to adapt your custom parts (e.g.
delegates) according to resolution that is lower on current Symbian
devices.

For Maemo, it's up to the "community" to provide the support. In
practice, unless someone beats us to it I imagine Forum Nokia will
provide this to boost MeeGo development - possibly by grabbing the
MeeGo component as-is (with any luck, they will kill the MTF
dependency so it'll be a breeze).

> What *is* the timescale and roadmap for Qt Quick Components?

I don't think Nokia is publishing the roadmap yet.

--
Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia