2010/12/28 Till Harbaum / Lists <li...@harbaum.org>:

> Am Dienstag 28 Dezember 2010 schrieb Ville M. Vainio:
>> QWidgets were not good enough for anybody
> You are talking about these QWidgets that several tutorials on the meego
> conference were about?
>
> Are you really wondering why developers are confused and loosing confidence
> in all this? Do you really wonder why so many people are hesitant to actually
> start doing things because they are expecting you to change your mind again,
> soon?

6 months ago, any sane developer would be confused because the UI
technology roadmap for third party developers was confidential.
Backend stuff like Qt Mobility was openly communicated, but UI
technology was not.

Right now, though, everything should be crystal clear: it's all about
Qt Quick, and the usual Qt C++ technologies on the back end. There are
no secret deprecation/obsolescence plans on the UI layer that have not
been openly communicated. Even the QSceneGraph stuff (something Nokia
could have as well kept as secret research project) is out there on
public blogs.

If someone is *still* confused, do let us know and we can make it more
explicit in the future.

--
Ville M. Vainio @@ Forum Nokia