On Tuesday, 28 de December de 2010 19:50:35 kate.alh...@nokia.com wrote:
> I promise that we in Forum Nokia do everything to get developers informed as
> well as possible. We release Qt Quick Components pre-alpha as soon as we
> get it done, we released Qt for Maemo5 with first SDK. Reason that you did
> not hear our voice in MeeGo conference was not in our decision.

And as part of the Program Committee for the conference, I can tell you that
we felt that showing a breadth of technologies was a good thing. MeeGo is not
a Nokia thing, so we don't have to follow the official company's policy.

Nokia will use Qt Quick and OpenGL ES only in the future, even on its MeeGo
devices. But the MeeGo OSS project can very well use other technologies it
feels necessary, like Xlib, Gtk+, Clutter, PyQt, Evas, etc. In fact, many
vendors will make use of those technologies (think Flash players, Chrome
browsers, etc.), which is also one of the reasons why switching to Wayland
isn't trivial.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358