From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cerberus wants money back

Most SUVs are bought as a status symbol. I even at one point thought I "HAD
TO HAVE" an SUV. Now I like having a pickup truck, but when I went back for
a newer one I bought smaller...

I'd wager that 90% of SUVs will NEVER tow anything and never go off pavement
unless the owner has to use a dirt parking lot at a festival or something...
75% will never use 4wd (except for awd vehicles that don't get much choice)
and most families would be better served with a minivan or station wagon and
good snow tires.

People are amazed when I tell them my 240D is the best snow car ever.
They're shocked when I say I've bought my 240D to drive in the snow instead
of my pickup. Most people I learned have never had good snow tires...

-Curt