Peter wrote: "At the risk of being flamed, I'll repeat what I've said about
American manufacturers -- they build dismal vehicles out of junky parts that
one is supposed to discard after two years and borrow more money to replace . .
. "

No flame intended in response.  I am just curious.  What GM car have you owned?
What model year was it? When was the last time you drove a GM car?  If you have
driven a GM car in the last five years (or even 10) was it a rental car?

Donald H. Snook