86 Buick (and my brother had an 85). We both currently drive 87 Benzes. Buick did the best job of all of GM on cars, but they were still badly designed and had problems due to dumb assembly. I think I damaged my knee on the headlight swtich getting in that damned car. Not a patch on the 85 Volvo I still own.

Latest experiences were GM and Chrysler rentals. OK, but not particularly comfortable (same old seats with all the stiff parts in the wrong places) and HORRIBLE visibility. Ditto for the Chrysler LH cars (only rode in those).

The Malibu this summer had the broken parts, less than 10,000 miles on it, rental or not that's just not acceptable to me.

Fit and finish are finally close, but overall not good enough for the money.

We won't discuss the 62 Olds 88 with the slip-o-matic tranny -- even I will admit that's too old for comparison.

I also put 70,000 miles on an 82 K-car. Except for the really cheap interior, it was a pretty good car. It rusted away, but that's par for the course in Canada.

Peter