I'd wager that 90% of SUVs will NEVER tow anything and never go off pavement unless the owner has to use a dirt parking lot at a festival or something...

I've got a hankering (that will probably remain unrequited) for the
463 G300D.  I promise that I'd rarely use the diff lock buttons, but
our road to the house in winter qualifies as 'off-road'.  But like that
Toronto wagon, they just aren't here to buy.

(But I do agree with you.  You want a nice cushy big fancy
shiny caddy?  You can have that in an Escalade now, but little
else.)

People are amazed when I tell them my 240D is the best snow car ever. They're shocked when I say I've bought my 240D to drive in the snow instead of my pickup. Most people I learned have never had good snow tires...

Our 200D/300D have excellent snow tires, but it's a real challenge
even so on some days...

-- Jim