That's nothing. People think I have my highs on all the time because my
side markers are partially clear... I frequently get the "blink you!" or
the "I'll turn every flipping light on" responses... They get the point if
I'm ticked enough to flash the high beams...

The fogs that were optional for my car are actually very well designed,
adjustable spread, sharp-cutoff.

My friend with the same car and the fog option leaves his on whenever the
low beams are on, and we have them adjusted to project more forwards
instead of to the side, slightly lower, sort of mid-way between the low and
high spreads, erring towards matching the low pattern.

Grievous misuse, but tested with him behind me you don't even notice it.
Oncoming traffic never gets blinded by it (tested that as well going down
his street), but can notice it just like the headlights.

I also have a personal preference to aim the drivers side headlight a half
degree or so lower than pass side, so the low-beam cut is well below the
oncoming traffic's line of site. Pass side is also a little lower than oem,
again personal preference.

I'd say it depends on who uses them and for what purpose they are being
used.

My 2 cents,

Walt