Kaleb wrote: " You are exactly right snook, that is exactly how it is done and
what you should be looking for.  They could give you $1 for your
car if their car is super super cheap."

THANKS! I'm married, so it's so rare that anyone says that I am exactly right!
:) I'm joking, of course.

I have found that this strategy works the best. Plus it empowers the salesman
to work the numbers however it works out best. Sometimes, they get a bonus on
the price of a car, or a bonus for an undervalued trade in. Just like the idea
that businesses should make a profit, I don't care if the salesman can get a
higher commision by adjusting the numbers --- as long my number for the
difference is in the range of what I want to pay.

Also, if you consider that the manager is the one who is ultimately going to
sign off on the deal, think of him as your friend. He (or the salesman) may get
a bonus for selling a car even if they make less. At the dealership? I worked
at if the sold 50 cars, there was a big bonus and it didn't matter if they made
$50 or $1000 on the 50th car. It was a bonus just for getting to the 50th car
in a month or maybe it was a week, I can't remember.

Donald H. Snook
McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
300 West Douglas
P.O. Box 207
Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
Tel. (316) 263-5851
This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or
protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and notify me.

http://www.mtsqh.com/