Did my early morning grocery run in the E300D.

No joy on the hard shifts. I’ll get under the car today and check the vacuum
modulator - hopefully that’s the issue. I’m going to check the line routing if
I can as well.  The connections from the flying saucer to the modulator are
pretty straightforward, the only difficult part being the stuff under the
manifold that you can’t see or get to easily.

Headlights were all whack-a-doo, that is, pointed in all different directions.
Did a quick garage door aiming and found that the driver’s side headlight was
all messed up inside.  Linkages broken, stuff not anchored to anything, etc.
More confirmation that the car took a hit in the front, now narrowed down to
the left front.

Gonna do a Curley and hit Car-Part.com and find a headlight assembly unless
someone here has one they want to part with.  I’ll pull this one off today and
have a look inside, but on a cursory inspection from the access panel there’s
some serious stuff going on internally I probably can’t fix.  Looks like
someone just put a new lens on and nothing more.  So at least I have a new lens…

Car ran great other than the neck-snapping shifts.  Speaking of which, looks
like the driver’s headrest doesn’t work or the switch is gunked up.  Something
else to check today.

Rear defogger did its job well and the cruise is now working, maybe from my
fuse replacement yesterday, so we’ve got some positive stuff for the day
already.

I will say that this is a fun car to drive after putting around in a W126.