One other thing, at this house I have no idea where the tank is exactly or the
location of any clean outs if they exist. At our other house I can actually
pull the lid to the tank and have a look when I feel like looking at poo. Also
right next to the house is a pipe sticking up with a cover on it that is
supposed to pop off if it backed up. If there was such a pipe, clean out here I
could pull in and would know right away if it was a septic backup or not.
Surely there is one around here but maybe a house this old does not have one?

Sent from my iPhone