>Subject car is 85 380SL

Has symptoms of fuel starvation.  My thoughts are fuel filter or fuel
pump in the process of dying.

AFIK, this car has an electric fuel pump in the rear.  I assume there
is a fuel filter somewhere around the engine.  DO these have a tank
strainer as in Diesels?

Any other ideas or suggestions.  Winter cold is blowing in here, so I
want to limit my time outside int he weather as much as possible byt
figuring out what and where to check before I go out.

Thanks,   And forgive me as I am an old Dieselhead.  These gasser
contraptions confuse me.

Loren Faeth