On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 10:16:18AM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:

> If you just want a PVR, then why not keep the recording in mjpeg form?

Something else worth mentioning here.  MJPEG seems to take a lot of
CPU to decode.  Using MPlayer, I constantly drop frames trying to play
an MJPEG on the same hardware that plays an MPEG2 without breaking a
sweat.

I know I can use the Marvel to do hardware decoding, but AFAIK, not
simultaneously with hardware MJPEG encoding.  The idea of not being
able to watch and record at the same time defeats the usefulness of a
PVR, IMHO.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell