Hallo

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:20:44PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > At the difference in space usage, disk.  I have a 5:27s clip here
> > > that I was testing with.  It is 720x480, default lavrec jpeg quality
> > > (50% I think it is isn't it?).  It is 917MB in size.  I converted it
> >
> > Try lowering the resolution
> I'd really rather not reduce the resolution.  You lose half of the temporal
> information doing that.
If you lower it afterwards to VCD size there is no quality differnce if
you record at full or halfe size.

If you want to know about the sizes to expect an the quality to use,
take a look at the mjpeg-howto section: Unsorted list of usefull Hints
and Other recording hints

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard