On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:05:28 -0800 (PST)
Agent Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
>
> > What I tried to say is, but did not:
> > When you start a TV application. This activeates the output plugs
> > of the card. So you can see the video you feed into the card on
> > the device attached to the output
>
> I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere, but perhaps that part of the
> howto should mentioned the preferred (most-likely to work) sequence:
>
> Start TV application
>   Start Lavrec
>   Stop Lavrec
> Stop TV application

I tried that (with mjpegtools 1.6.1):
**ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device (/dev/video): Device or resource busy
++ WARN: [lavrec] Not ready for capture (state = 0)!

I think Bernhard must be referring to the TV out, which doesn't really
help if you want to view what you are recording on your monitor.

Martin