Hi,
Avichal,
By IVR, do you mean dialling numbers as instructed during calls to
companies technical support or customer care teams? If so, dialling
one number is extremely simple and doable.
If you require the steps for these, I will willingly provide them,
but, if you are referring to something else, do clarify.
A keyboard is a more powerful device than Touch Screen, however, if
done in the right way, most of the productivity and efficiency can be
emulated via a Touch Screen input method, even for the visually
impaired.
My first device was an Android powered full touch Motorolla G second
generation which I am happily usig=ng even now. For places where I
require to type, I use Voice Input to emulate the same speed of a
keyboard user.
All the same, I like my computer and its keyboarding facilities to
perform majority of my tasks, however, the same applies to a
significant extent to sighted people as well.
Anyways, as Harish Sir rightly said, discussing this further would
truly lead nowhere. Make efforts to adapt to newer technology and use
existing users as an encouragement boosting point to instigate
yourself to try hard to make the switch without significant
compromises. It is doable.
Thanks.

On 5/23/15, Avichal Bhatnagar <coolavic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also feel that physical keypad is the best.
> When using a full touch screen, using IVR service becomes totally
> impossible.
>
> On 5/22/15, Shyam M. Sayanekar <sayane...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Rajesh, I fully subscribe to your view, and some days back, I had
>> written in detail on this point. Thanks for your views.
>> Professor Shyam M. Sayanekar
>> Telephone: 0251-2438457
>> Mobile: +91 9920410788
>> Skype ID- sayanekar

>>> earcon
>>> for knowing how far you are in a list -- it uses the Browse Mode exit
> [...]
>>> include the ability for seek controls to be raised or lowered with the
>>> volume keys (this is also now in Talkback 4.2), options to configure how
>>> the phone keypad works (and whether a swipe up on the screen will
>>> answer/end calls), configuring what notifications are read outloud, an
>>> option that unlocks your device automatically when power button is
>>> pressed
>>>
>>> (if there is no pin), and even a feature that will launch a specific
>>> application after your screen is turned on.
>>> Could this make a good daily screen reader? That's your call. For now,
>>> this is a project worth keeping tabs on, as it could give Google's
>>> efforts
>>>
>>> a serious run if it improves right over time. If you're patient and
>>> advanced enough, go ahead, give it a try. Just be sure to re-enable
>>> talkback if you uninstall it, because without a screen reader turned on,
>>> your phone will definitely not shine.
>>> Source:
>>> http://www.coolblindtech.com/theres-another-screen-reader-and-it-wants-to-shine-on-your-android-device/
>>> --
>>> Warm Regards
>>> Bhavya Shah
>>> Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
>>> reader
>>> for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA,
>>> please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla
>>>
>>> second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
>>> Mobile: +91 7506221750
>>> E-mail id: bhavya.shah...@gmail.com
>>> Skype id : bhavya.09

>>> veracity;

>>> Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, SMSs or makes
>>> calls
>>> asking for personal information such as your bank account details,
>>> passwords, etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not
>>> respond in any manner to such offers, however official or attractive
>>> they
>>> may look.
>>>
>>> Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
>>> and
>>> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>>> addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
>>> use,
>>> review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained
>>> in
>>> this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>>> you have received this email by error,  please notify us by return
>>> e-mail
>>> or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
>>> attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments
>>> for
>>>
>>> the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability
>>> for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/