On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 09:20:35AM +0800, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
> Well, yeah, C and Java can suffer the same problems as Perl, but because
> Java is so constrained as a language, the design of the language has a
> built in constraint. With Perl you can literally do ANYTHING, and to
> program Perl in a clean, OO way takes a lot of experience or a good mentor.

(I'll apologise in advance as this thread spins rapidly off-topic).

I'm probably a novice programmer, at least by the standards of
most of the people on this list. I'm 16, and since I haven't taken
Computer Science at university yet, I'm a bit lacking in 'formal
programming education'. I'd rather not form bad habits - is there
any advice anyone can give me on how to write, clean Perl (OO or
otherwise)? Are there any good books I can pick up?

TIA

--
Neil Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
        -- Voltaire

PGP signature