Jason Bodnar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Definitely read the perltoot (Tom's OO Tutorial). I've heard alot of good
> things about Damian Conway's OO Perl book but I haven't read it myself. The
> advanced perl programming book has a nice section on OO. But, learning OO
> in a Java or C++ context would probably be the best way to start.

The Conway book is excellent. I've made several runs at C++ and Java
at various times but I've never been involved in OO development that
went beyond the the "toy" stage. This book taught me as much about how
perl works as how to apply it to OO.

That said, I've used the Conway book as the bible for my latest
development and in terms of all the OO Good Things the book offered
good examples and good code templates.

Recommended.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org