Gerald Richter wrote:

> > I sure think that this template discussion is
> > intresting, forms autofill is one thing but another
> > thing that i think  would be neat is if the kit could
> > do session handling, like the Apache::ASP. Can embperl
> > or mason do this fancy stuff.
> >

> Embperl can do session handling. It uses Apache::Session for storage and
> cares about the rest for you. You simply put the values for the user session
> in the hash %udat and they will be automaticly restored when the same user
> does the next request. Currently Embperl uses Cookies to store a session id
> witht in the browser. For Embperl 2.0 I plan to support also URL rewriting.

I posted about a generic URL mangeler / cookie session handler a few
days ago.

Allthough this is not rocket science - I've writen a URI transhandler
that will put the session id into pnotes, and if cookies are off will do
a redirect to itself with a munged URL
(www.foo.com/id_here/original_bit_here).  A quick uri rewrite and bob's
one of your parents sister.   The only major issue is that I cannot
appear to use posted values as they appear to get lost in the redirect
(Clues wanted !).

It appears that a few other people would want a session handler that can
do this transparent and then they can use Apache::Session to do the
rest.

Can I recommend you write a simple, standalone module that everyone can
use and not just an embperl solution - I'd be willing to help (or write
it) if people send me their wants / ideas, and then flame my code when I
think its ready!

Greg