Today, Gerald Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> frothed and gesticulated about RE:...:
> > Ian Kallen suggested a hash of know indexers - which is a good idea -
>
> Yes
>
> > but has one problem of how to keep this upto date.
> >

> Everybody could contribute and there could some (CPAN) where you can
> download an uptodate list

My thoughts along that line were more for a general browsercap -- I think
the PHP community has already broke some ground down that road.  A basic
list of user agent ID's and some of their characteristics.  This is
actually much broader than these needs for a URI based session mgt,
broader than the Perl community's needs so it should probably be
spearheaded separately and be implemented as XML (no, I don't have the
time to do this myself, I do wish for more free time though...)  I don't
think ASP and PHP browsercap data is in XML now (haven't checked lately)
but it should be ;)

Someone on this list probably has more time on their hands than me to make
this happen.  In lieu of a DTD (not needed here really) I'd be happy to
provide an XML model of what data would be  needed :)

-Ian

--
Salon Internet                          http://www.salon.com/
  Manager, Software and Systems "Livin' La Vida Unix!"