Hi Greg,

> As far as I am aware (please someone prove me wrong!) the does not
> appear to be such a module.

I meant the module your are about to write :-)

> Please send me ideas / thoughs and I'll have a go.

Embperl currently goes the way that it sets up a tied hash at load time (so
it only has to be done once) and monitor wherever somebody is writing to
this hash. Only in the case that a element of the hash is modified, Embperl
generates a session id (actually Apache::Session does it) and sends the
cookie to the browser. Therefore I don't have to configure anything to use
session management (of course you can configure several parameteress, like
cookie domain etc.), because if the page stores some data in the hash,
session management is enabled in all other cases it isn't used. That make
session management as transparanet as possible for the programmer. When a
new request starts, Embperl checks if there is a session id send in a cookie
from the browser and tells Apache::Session to restore the data in the
session hash.

This shema may not work, with session id in the url, because you need to do
the redirect before the page is executed. Because Embperl anyways parses the
page, it would be no overhead to rewrite all hrefs (and other urls) on the
fly. I have not thought very much about, what is the best way to go here.

This should give you a short impression what Embperl does, now we have to
think about how we can bring this together with a general module.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151