Gerald Richter wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>

> > Can I recommend you write a simple, standalone module that everyone can
> > use and not just an embperl solution - I'd be willing to help (or write
> > it) if people send me their wants / ideas, and then flame my code when I
> > think its ready!
> >

> I would be happy if there is an standalone module that handles uri
> translation and cookie checking and so on. I always like more to use
> existing solution, then reinventing the wheel (that's one reason why I use
> Apache::Session in Embperl).

As far as I am aware (please someone prove me wrong!) the does not
appear to be such a module.

> Embperl has some special needs, because it makes the session handling totaly
> transparent to the programmer (he has just to put his values in a hash), but
> if you create such a module (or extent the already existing one), I would be
> happy to take a look at it and make it work with Embperl.

I would be more than happy to rewrite what I have based on what you /
others want.

My module needs alot of tydying to be anything like the standard of the
code found here, mine also includes session checking code (DB lookups).

Can you and any others please post ideas of what you/they want ?  Some
people have already done such a module so if they can chirp up with
thier wish lists then that would be great.

So far I have something that:

a) Checks the URI (simple regex) to see if its a URI that needs
"Sessioning"
b) Checks for cookies first
c) puts data into pnotes (name anyone ? (I used UID, SID and
COOKIES_ON)) or we could use sub env variables
d) then checks for a session id in a URI.
e) redirects to session id uri if non present.

> Gerald
>
> P.S. Could you resend me your module, because I have missed it on the list

You did not miss anything I never sent anything - too embarassed!

Please send me ideas / thoughs and I'll have a go.

Greg