On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:20:49AM -0800, brian moseley wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>
> > I picture only 10% of people who build web sites ever
> > needing to use mod_perl directly.  I think they're more
> > likely to use the systems that are built *in* mod_perl,
> > like Mason, AxKit, and so on.  If there's a with a lot
> > of information about building web sites with those
> > systems, then you'll make people happy.
>
> amen! mod_perl is for gearheads. higher layer software is
> for people who want to achieve a business goal, or even just
> make a personal site. we have a wealth of gearhead-oriented
> information, but almost nothing that would convince my php
> friends to make the switch to perl or help them migrate a
> site.

I'd be more than happy to act as a test case for someone wanting
to do an article on any of these tool kits.  I can provide a server,
and some some feedback from a new toolkit user perspective.

Let me know what kind of tasks you need me to do and evaluate, and
I'll do it.

I can't write an article, as my writing skills are barely good
enough for a college writing course, but I'll do research and
provide technical information.

JJ
--
J. J. Horner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The people who vote decide nothing.
The people who count the vote decide everything."
        - Josef Stalin

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the
blood of tyrants and patriots alike. ... Resistance to tyrants
is obedience to God."
        - Thomas Jefferson