> > Transaction support for your business logic is easy in
> J2EE. It's not
> > clear how you do this in Perl?
>
> Use an RDBMS.

This is exactly what people mean on this list about people not understanding the
principles of enterprise programming.  Its like trying to scape paint off of a glass
window with a sledge hammer.  THere is absolutely no way to scale a system which uses
an RDBMS as a state / transaction support system beyond 1 web server and 1 database
server.  How are you going to scale to 10,000 simultaneous users?  I've *seen* systems
with my own eyes that can do that, and I'm telling you they do not use an RDBMS.