At 10:36 PM 10/23/2001, Leon Brocard wrote:
>Perrin Harkins sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > Perhaps a port of JMS is in order.
>
>Interestingly, I've been thinking along the same lines. Spread
>(http://www.spread.org/) can be used for the publish/subscribe
>messaging domain but queueing seems to be important too. Straying a
>bit offtopic perhaps, but I wonder what would be involved...

One thing that would be interesting to me is an engine that can provide
real time pricing feeds. It seems to me that jabber (chat engine) is
actually a lot more powerful than being about chatting. Some applications
are lonely and want instant messaging too. :)

Queuing is important but for different reasons and usually different
applications.... eg if your circuits are global. eg a London broker makes a
transaction destined for Singapore, but has to go via Hong Kong and the
London/HongKong circuit is only up every 5 minutes... Although this is not
dissimilar to the resilience of a message delivered via SMTP relays.