Leon Brocard writes:
> > Perhaps a port of JMS is in order.
>
> Interestingly, I've been thinking along the same lines. Spread
> (http://www.spread.org/) can be used for the publish/subscribe
> messaging domain but queueing seems to be important too. Straying a
> bit offtopic perhaps, but I wonder what would be involved...

I like the idea of P2EE.  If the goal is to provide the same features
as Java, why not just implement the Java messaging, transactions,
etc. APIs in Perl?  That is, endeavour to have the same classes and
methods as Java, to the greatest extent possible.  That'll also make
it possible for Java programmers to become Perl programmers, bwahaha.

Someone described Java beans to me as being more or less "classes that
follow conventions on things like accessor names and methods to
respond to events.  Those conventions permit introspection and
interoperability between two classes that have no a priori knowledge
of each other."  I like that idea, too.  It'd be fun to see what kinds
of UI (both GUI and web) things become easier with this kind of
functionality.

Of course, we couldn't call it a Java bean.  They'd have to be Camel
droppings. :-)

Nat