At 23:31 24.03.2002, John Kolvereid wrote:
>Hi Dan,
>   You are correct when you refer to
>    'this somewhat convoluted load/clear/add'
>My httpd.conf has
>     LoadModule perl_module  libexec/libperl.so
>     AddModule mod_perl.c
>When I leave alone and check the error_log, Apache AND
>mod_perl are loaded.  However, I cannot view any web
>pages; instead I get the msg:
>    'The document contained no data'
>(what document I do not know)
>
>When I comment out the AddModule I can view all my web
>pages, but the error_log claims that only Apache is

What do you mean by 'view all your web pages'? What are these web pages:
perl programs, or static content?

>loaded - mod_perl is not.  This may be fine, it may be
>a DSO (I don't know) but I cannot view a .pl file as
>outlined in Apache Modules w/ Perl & C, pp 41-45.  It
>displays text only, as if the Options ExCGI were not
>present.
>
>    I am trying to pay close attention to the guide and
>all the other literature on the subject.  Obviously,
>it the installation works correctly the first time,
>then it is understandable,  otherwise, (I think) it is
>very confusing.

There must be something wrong with your configuration: could you please
post your httpd.conf here so taht we can see if you're doing anything wrong?
(only post the most relevant parts, so as not to get a too large entry, but
please post *all* the relevant parts, as there might be some small detail
making it fail).