At 00:47 25.03.2002, John Kolvereid wrote:
>Hi Per,
>    I get the msg:
>       'The document contained no data'
>when I try to load my home.html from my server using
>my browser.  When I comment out the AddModule
>mod_perl.c
>then my home page appears.

Check your error log. It might have interesting information in it.

>    I am including my httpd for any advise:
>
>relevant portions of httpd.conf
>-------------------------------
><IfDefine SSL>
>LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
>LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
>LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
>LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so
></IfDefine>

Lots of modules you're loading there. I've heard problems with combining
PHP and mod_perl before, I don't know if it's fixed now, but maybe you
should try with only mod_perl loaded to see if that fixes your problem: if
it does, it's not mod_perl's fault.

><Ifmodule mod_perl.c>
>   Include conf/mod_perl.conf
></Ifmodule>
><Perl>
></Perl>
>
>ClearModuleList
>#AddModule mod_perl.c

Maybe this should go before the <Ifmodule> directive.. I'm not sure if
it'll change anything.

>mod_perl.conf
>-------------
>conf/mod_perl.pl

?? I think you either forgot to copy something off there or but .pl instead
of .conf....?

>PerlFreshRestart On
>
><Location /hello/world>
>   SetHandler  perl-script
>   PerlHandler Apache::Hello
></Location>

You need PerlModule Apache::Hello before PerlHandler Apache::Hello,
otherwise Apache::Hello doesn't get loaded.

>Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/
>PerlModule Apache::Registry
><Location /perl>
>   SetHandler  perl-script
>   PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>   PerlSendHeader On
>   Options ExecCGI
></Location>

This looks good.

>/home/httpd/perl/hello.pl
>-------------------------
>#!/usr/local/perl
>
>print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>
>print <<END;
><head>
><title>Mod_perl
></title>
></head>

><center>Mod-Perl</center>
>END
>
>Also, when I try to load the page /odin/perl/hello.pl
>(/odin is my server) the page displays as text only,
>not as an html page.

I don't understand what you mean by /odin... You mean you're typing
http://odin/perl/... in your browser, or something?

Maybe you should check your error log, if something's wrong it might have
an indication.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]