Paul Lindner wrote:
Hi,

I only speak for myself, but I am happy to see mod_perl covered in the
Perl Cookbook. Why you ask? I see the inclusion of mod_perl helping
increase the size of the mod_perl "pie". A rising tide lifts all
boats.
I totally agree - at this stage in the game, the more quality books that cover mod_perl, the better for those of us that want to get paid to use and/or develop it.

I'm not too worried about the content.  I'm sure it will be top-notch.
Consider that the Perl Cookbook already gives you good coverage of
several complex domain specific areas: DBI, LWP, CGI, Sockets, Tk,
etc.
and kudos to Nat for adding mod_perl as a topic at all. it's difficult to decide which topics to cover in a work, especially one with such broad coverage as the Perl Cookbook. having a chapter dedicated to mod_perl is not only an honor for the application we all love, but is bound to increase its overall exposure.

I'll be very happy if the Perl Cookbook gets the novice mod_perl
programmer started and then leads them to the mpDC, which is really an
intermediate to advanced work.
of course, I also consider it an honor that Nat and ORA have decided to mention our book at all - as a publisher competing in many of the same areas as Sams, ORA certainly is not required to do so. but the friendliness that (usually :) surrounds the members of our community is part of what makes it strong as well as a fun project to be involved in.

--Geoff