In a message dated 12/16/99 3:27:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< if you check it out, the mods at like, brighton beach acted just
 like the latter-day skins(SHARPS aside). >>

I remember back in '89, I was coming out of a club in New York's, Lower East
Side, when on the street I ran into a group of about 6 skinheads. For
whatever reason the ringleader of this bunch notices I'm a mod and has to
come up and tell me how cool that is. Anyway, then he goes into a rap about
how they are "SHARP" skinheads. In the middle of his rap, an old Jewish guy
comes from across the street  and starts calling them racist, and going on
about the Holocaust and nazis. The skinheads try to tell the old man they are
not racist, but he doesn't believe them. The argument goes on for a while,
finally the skinheads can't take it anymore and "jump" the old guy. Just
another surreal moment in NYC.

Chris C.