Hi Andrea

here is my reading of the story you suggest:

> A very good but poor man spends his life to collect a large amount
> of money, and then with the money he funds a children hospital in Africa....

Given that we all agree that it is good to save childrens...

The SOMish follows the "linear reasoning (past-present-future sequence, cause-effect
chains,  and so on)" . According to this vision, he has to learn to forecast the
future and the cause-effect chains. ONLY a posteriori he will know if his acts are
good. No need for a direct involvement: once the cause-effect chain is clear, everyone
will be able to achieve the goal. The active subject (the man who has to save the
children) , and the passive object (the children to be saved) are separated.  If the
goal will not be attained, probably that's because there has been a problem in the
analysis of the cause-effect chain.    :-|

The mystic believes that "there is *no* future, ie, that the concept of future is
illusory".  So he prays for the children. The children will not be saved.....     :-(

The MOQish is NOT mystic. He does not think that the future is illusion, he just think
that in order to attain (a future) Quality, one has to be an artist in the present
(remember the motorcycle maintenance). His "goal" is neither the hospital, nor the
money.  The GOOD is his goal, and, that's extremely important,  he never feels to be
separated from his goal. So, those children are like his kids.   The very good
immediate value is that he has to care for children, HERE and NOW. He highly considers
 money collection,  building hospitals as  possible good means (roads to), well
knowing that there's always a better road. Anyway, he will be able to make them
fruitful BOTH the dynamic immediate perception of Quality that leads to creativity,
AND the aware ability to forecast and consolidate results, that leads to the static
latch.  BOTH DYNAMIC AND STATIC.     :-)

sorry if I've been a little hard to the mystics....

Marco.