Elisa,
Well, I guess what we are talking about is the way we would REDIRECT the
students, knowing that they are showing me they have a need to do something
social and figure out what other activity could satisfy that need. See, I think
of it as the kids are showing me that they need to do this type of activity. If
I felt like it was interfering with the real reading they also need, I would
just maybe give them a way to do this outside the classroom, maybe through jump
rope chants or hand clapping game. I could always use chart paper to introduce
the chant and later bring the rhymes outside.
Debbie
Thanks for the food for thought.

"Waingort Jimenez, Elisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi Bonita, Debbie and
others,
I have a different perspective on what you describe below.  I'm curious as to
what others
think about this.