This is the way Richard Allington suggests partnering students in What Really
Matters for Struggling Readers.

j browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   . . . I would list them from highest DRA
to lowest, cut my list in half,
and then the person listed number 1 would be partnering with person number
13. I do this because I want the highest working with the middle student,
and the middle student working with a lower reader.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org