I think I agree, and one of the reasons is that sometimes when adult groups
get together, they choose to do the very same thing.  Sometimes it's part
where the language is lifting, sometimes it's to clarify, sometimes it's to
review for the group with some punch, sometimes they just like to hear each
other's voices.  And they don't do it all the time.  And they resent it if
someone else "makes" them do it.  But sometimes it's just fine. . . .

I just think it is a variation on buddy reading and that it is a very
different matter when it is child initiated.

:Lori