From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:35:42 AM
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] phonemic awareness/segmentation help wanted

How much
meaning is there in DIBELS assessments that require students to bark
out nonsense syllables in record time?

Above is one of the perfect examples of the imbalance...
I guess my point has been misinterpreted. I am agreeing with others, to balance
all components of reading we do need to connect one to another. We should never
get so focused on one, that we leave another behind. I don't think any can of
worms has been opened here, I think the discussion is great. I think balance is
something many struggle with and discussing how we try to keep that balance and
keep meaning as the targeted goal is a perfect discussion for this group.
Enjoying the dialogue,
Terry/FL