My instructional facilitator always says a good quality curriculum is the
floor...not the ceiling. Think about Ellin's What's Essential list. If everyone

works from that, every teacher our students have from K-12 will have a focus
that will benefit literacy development. That's the floor...what every child
needs. If the child's interests and needs draw us to teach something
else...then great. One has to have a vision for what children should know and
be  able
to do in order to make the teachable moments really work for the  child.  The
What's Essential list does that.
Jennifer
**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.