Christian Biesinger wrote:
> David Tenser wrote:
>
>> Blake Ross wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, my bad. It's total misinformation, then. XUL has nothing to do
>>> with skinability.
>>
>> It hasn't? What about this quotation from the Mozilla.org /start page:
>>
>> "Is there some bug that really bothers you? As well as reporting it,
>> feel free to fix it as well. Fixing bugs in Mozilla is far easier than
>> in many other applications, because you can fix bugs (such as those in
>> our cross-platform front end, written in XUL, our XML-based
>> User-interface Language, CSS and Javascript) using only the build you
>> are running right now. There is no need to set up complex
>> environments, or compile anything."
>>
>> So XUL-based skinnable user interface has nothing to do with XUL? :)
>
> I'm sorry, I fail to find any reference to skinnability in your quote.

Well the whole XUL front end can be viewed as a "skin". It's all based
on XUL, so how can it not? Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

>>> Matthew Thomas (mpt) is not a staff member of Mozilla. [...]
>>
>> You seem to know less than I do about these things, Blake.
>

> lol
>
>> mpt is the owner of the UI Design component in Bugzilla. The proof
>> is right here:
>> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Browser
>

> That doesn't make him a staff member. Unless, of course, your definition
> of staff differs from mozilla.org's.

Sorry if the word "staff" is confusing. Maybe contributor or component
owner are better words to use? Anyway, that's not the point. The point
is that people actually working with the design implementation admits
that these things (customizable toolbars for one) _is_ important. Staff
member or not.

/ David