> What do you mean by it is likely that this component is going away? Do
> you mean that they won't work on these usability improvements after all?
> If so, why?
>
> I can understand (or should I say, I have accepted the fact) that this
> doesn't have high priority, but dropping it alltogether? I'm disappointed.

Work on usability and ui polish will definitely continue, but a UI
design component in Bugzilla encourages bugzilla as a tool for
discussing ui changes, which is what we actively *dis*courage.  We would
prefer such discussions happen in the newsgroups (or another, better
suited forum) and then be brought over to the bug database once a
decision has been reached.  Also, a UI design component makes it too
easy for bugs to be forgotten about, as it becomes something of a black
hole.  A better model for quick, non-contentious UI advice is keeping
the bug assigned to an engineer and cc'ing strong UI folks for their two
cents.

Blake