This is really starting to frustrate me.  I tried Fedora 10 on my
Core2 system and it will not boot either so there is something going
on that both Fedora and Ubuntu don't like.  I can get SLAX to boot but
it is only 32bit so that doesn't really help us with timing.

Tomorrow I will at least be able to get you the speed/cycle timing for
the E6600 machine I have in Linux.  I guess I won't have any direct
Linux and Windows tests after all.

Anyone have suggestions for another Linux 64bit Live CD that I could try?

Jeff.