Hi

On Linux/cygwin/mingw32 we currently use both yasm and gas to build assembler
files , yasm to build intel format and gas to build AT&T format , I also got
some patches so we can use either always yasm or always gas without any changes
to the source files , so we could get rid of yasm or not use gas.

On mingw64/msvc we currently use the msvc asm files with yasm , I expect I
could get mingw64 to use gas on the msvc asm files but it would need some
preprocessing in the configure script (we already have to do a bit) , what
would be easier is to get mingw64 to use masm on the msvc asm files if the msvc
masm files were in masm format. I dont think it would take long at all .
Another option to get mpir to build out of the box on msvc would be to get msvc
to build our currently supplied yasm , it couldn't currently do it because
building yasm requires some unix tools , but we could preprocess our yasm we
supply with mpir(which we do at the moment to a small extant).

Jason