On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 22:01:13 +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:

>> So, it's a money talk, and not about "users' response".
>It's part of the "this was a real success" feeling, yes.
>By the way, please do not pick out a single thing I said and use it as an
>argument while 'forgetting' about all the other arguments.

  I'm not doing that. I just think people that produces something have
the right to charge for it. It's nice to me. There is nothing to "hide".

>Well that's Ricardo. But there is less 'pressure' to release it on fairs,
>since when you ask money for it, fairs are pretty much the only way to get
>it on the market. When you don't ask money for it, Internet is much easier,
>and you will get a lot of response. On the Mailinglist though, not in real
>life.

  It's a valid point of view, for sure.

>I think if you sell it you also get lots of feedback. And when you show it
>while it's under development (like Umax did with RoA), you get even more
>feedback and when it's a good game (like RoA, again), then people are really
>waiting for it to be finished.

  But it's not common discussions like the one is taking place here, when
talking about "closed" software. I think it's nice from one side, because
the game (or program) produced on this way usually get ready faster than
one developed as "free software".

>Ofcourse there are exceptions, the 'real' MSX users who just don't have a
>'real' MSX anymore. But those can buy it anyways.

  Agreed.

>And no, I will never make a copy-protection. Totally against. I think
>nowadays I can trust the MSX-scene of not copying stuff.

  This is very nice. I hope everyone have a good sense and really buy your
software, as I will if I like it.

>:) this reminds me of a game called "Guido's lost in Plantinus"...
>The most terrible ugly-and-slow (and I really mean UGLY and really SLOW)
>Basic game I ever saw. It was priced Dfl. 25,- at the beginning of the fair.
>At the end, it was priced Dfl. 5,- (and I still doubt they sold copies,
>although I really had to buy one because it's a collector's item to show to
>my friends).

  Hehheeh... Well... we would organize a contest... Who is capable to produce
the worst game using, say, 16Kb? (((((-;

   -----     AbraçOS/2, Daniel Caetano ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 /| | | |\
 \| ___ |/   OS/2 Sites:  http://www.quasarbbs.com/daniel/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8752/os2hp/os2index.html
    | |      MSX Sites:   http://www.fudeba.cjb.net/
   -- --     Drawings:    http://www.djgallery.tsx.org/
...Programar e' a arte de organizar zeros e uns de forma que eles produzam trabalho
util!