> > As said, I think most MicroCabin games are really programmed terribly
bad.
> > Take a look at the speed of Akin and Ys II / III (all three astonashing
> > pieces of programming-art) and you might understand what I mean.
>
> Yes, the scrolling of Ys2 and DS6 was many times better than that of
XAK2/3.
> But on the other hand, and this
> should be taken in consideration before branding XAK2/3 as bad, that those
> latter games had really awesome monster and character 'sprites' (I know
> they're not real sprites) as opposed to the 16x16 sprites of Ys2 and DS6.

They _are_ real sprites.
Just not hardware, but software.

And those bigger sprites really don't matter that much, believe me. Just
check out Ys II's end boss... I mean, the background is moving around all
the time and still they achieve it to let the 'big boss' move around and let
lots of meteorites come down.

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/