On Jan 24, Brian Clark [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> OK, maybe I'm not getting something about GnuPG and/or Mutt's
> interaction with GnuPG, then (Nope, not being sarcastic here). If I set
> this thing to verify all signatures, and I have my keyserver settings in
> place, every single key that I verify is being added to my keyring. Is
> this not undesirable by most people?

I suspect you mean the key for every message you verify the signature for
is added to your keyring... having keys you verify on your ring is really
expected behaviour, I think.

Anyway, it was probably more undesirable in the past.  It was for me at
least, but now I have a better connection and machine and I don't mind it.
Even large keyrings stay relatively small file-wise.  I think most people
that are regular users of encryption accept that they will have large
keyrings to be part of that community.

I don't think anyone who has responded to this thread has indicated that
what is there now should always be adequate, but until someone has the time
and care to write the patch to fix it, the suggestions we make are the best
we can do.