begin  s. keeling quotation:

> One of the things driving this is I'd like to find a way to easily
> report spam to spamcop, which means I have to pass an ID and password.
> This is possible with lynx -auth=uname:passwd.  With w3m or links, it
> would be something like w3m http://uname:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/

Spamcop will give you an email address.  You forward the mails there,
and you can even make a Mutt alias to make it easy, so you just forward
them to "spamcop".

Then they process it when the system load allows, and send you back an
URL to complete the process.  Much easier that trying to script a web
post, and has the advantage that you don't have to re-post if their
system load won't allow a submission at that moment.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it