David Blomstrom wrote:

Some time ago, I posted a question about using HTML in
MySQL tables.

Someone suggested this is a bad strategy, asking what
I would do if I later decided to change the italicized
words to bold, for example.

I'm just trying to figure out what the options are, as
well as determining the best option. One way or
another, I would like to tag certain key words and
phrases.

This is getting a *bit* away from DB and into IA, but...

If "Cowboy State" has a semantic meaning, like "nickname", you might
want to think about either having a field for it or, if it's part of
a text segment that doesn't lend itself to that, use a semantic tag
for it, like `<nickname>Cowboy State</nickname>, (reinforced ...`
and then, for display purposes, transform that XML using XSLT into
your appropriate output.

>            I'm assuming that once you do that, you can
> probably manipulate the "tags" with PHP in many
> different ways.

Uh, many, yeah; put the coffee on.  :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]