Hi Ian,

<<
totally. I have been meaning to move about 6 tasks into  Nnt.DotNet ( gac,
xsd etc ) and  some others into NAnt.Win32 ( comRegister etc ) First
priority was to get everything compiling. We can move tasks to their
appopriate namespaces as needed. However I would still consider tasks like
starteam optional - apologiesto those starteam users who consider them
crucial.

Humm.... That sounds much better. Still, I'd personally prefer not to end
with something like Nant.Optional :) I believe we could move these into
their own assemblies and then just do whatever we want in how to build them
(the organization thingie seems to be creeping up again :P). Anyway I'm
guessing the real problem is what should go on in the basic distribution....

<<
re <rant> I hear you and hopefully this will be the last of the
re-structuring for a good while. I think the code base is cleaner for it and
it will help us going forward. I apologise for the inconvenience to task
writers. However it took only around 3 hours to get all of NAntContrib ( 48
tasks ) compiling. Granted I have more familiarity with the nant sources and
what has changed than most task writers so I'd be happy to put together a
checklist for moving tasks to compile to the latest nant.

I also tried moving the sources last night but got a little bored after
around 1 hour... Had most of it compiling, too, but then again, I'm fairly
familiar with both Nant and NAntContrib (heck, I wrote my fair share of the
tasks in NantContrib, after all). The checklist sounds like a very good
idea!

<<
re version number - like many open source projects we've just kinda been
bumping it every time there is a release. Personally I think that with the
recent addition of fileset references, cvs tasks and multiple framework
support NAnt is getting close to feature complete. After the upcoming
release I propose that we gather a list of required features for 1.0 and
start setting up a timeframe. You are right - nant has been out there for
quite some time now and is used by more and more people.
Its getting stable enough that we can stop making re-structuring changes
that will break existing tasks - unless there is really good reasons for
adding them.

That sounds like a real treat.

--
Tomas Restrepo