----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian MacLean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gert Driesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] Namespaces and NAnt.Cnntrib tasks

> Gert Driesen wrote:
>

> >>NAnt.Win32
> >>    ADSIBaseTask.cs
> >>    ADSIGetPropertyTask.cs
> >>    ADSISetPropertyTask.cs
> >>

> >Are these actually win32 specific tasks ?  Their name does suggest that,
but
> >these are using System.DirectoryServices right ?
> >
> >We can leave them in Win32 for now, and decide later ...
> >

> is ADSI implemented on other platforms ? - I just took a guess that it
> wasn't

No, but I don't know if there are actually directly tied to Active
Directory, I think they just use System.DirectoryServices internally ... In
that case the name of these classes just doesn't cover their actual function
... I'm pretty sure System.DirectoryServices will be implemented in Mono

> >>NAnt.NUnit.NUnit2
> >>    NUnitReportTask.cs
> >>

> >Hasn't this task been supersedes by http://nunit2report.sourceforge.net ?
> >
> maybe so. I wonder if Gilles will let us ship with it. Its gpl so
probably.

Again, we can ask : do we need to include it with nant or just set-up a web
page containing references to other projects that provide NAnt tasks.

But I'll leave it up to you to decide upon this.

> >>NAnt.SourceControl.SourceSafe
> >>    AddTask.cs
> >>    BaseTask.cs
> >>    CheckinTask.cs
> >>    CheckoutTask.cs
> >>    GetTask.cs
> >>    LabelTask.cs
> >>    UndoCheckoutTask.cs
> >>

> >Will this be NAnt.SourceControl.SourceSafe.Tasks or
> >NAnt.SourceControl.Tasks.SourceSafe ?
> >

> probably NAnt.SourceControl.SourceSafe.Tasks unless you think we should
> bundle all sourcecontrol tasks in one assembly.

I was actually thinking of bundling them all in one assembly, but then we
run into trouble on Mono with the VSS COM interop library :-)

Having a separate assembly for each source control provider seems a bit
overkill, no ?

> >>General/NAnt.Core ??
> >>
> >>    CodeStatsTask.cs
> >>    ConcatTask.cs
> >>

> >not too sure about the usefulness of the CodeStatsTask here.  Shouldn't
it
> >be in NAnt.DotNet anyway ?
> >

> does it only work with cs files ?  Anything we have doubts about can go
> in Optional - or Experimental - depending on how it ends up.

no idea, I'd put it in Experimental for now, until we've had time to go
through all these tasks ...