Hey Dominik,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dominik Guder <o...@guder.org> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> +1 for github.
How many responses should we collect before we make an official
decision on this? :)

> And we should define/discus a contribution process to ensure that nant
> core will stay as stable as it is currently.
110% agree.  I would like to do this once the repo decision is made.

> Other proposals:
> - Color output. Red for errors, yellow for warning and green for
> sucessfull build. I added this to my own net_2.0 build and I'm addicted
> to this easily identifying Green successfull build message.
Hehehe, That's a good idea.  I actually like that.

This would be good for Windows but we should take care in *nix systems
as some terminal emulators do not support color.

> - solution task/msbuild polishing since there still issues with our
> projects.
Yeah, this is a popular option.  We should probably loop back this
task with the one in NAntContrib to see if we can get this stuff
straightened out.  I'm for this.

> SourceControl:
> - move CVS to nantcontrib
> - integrate git
> - polish svn
> - add tfs (see ci-factory)
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.  I also threw Mercurial in that list for good measure.

> http://ci-factory.googlecode.com/svn/Current/Product/Production/Nant/TF.Tasks/
>
> lower priority:
> - review nant.exe.config: maybe separate net-x and mono-x definitions
>   or one for each target. It is very large and hardly to maintain.
Good one, I agree.  Just not sure of the best approach.  We can
discuss this further.

> - fix/polish commandline handling:
>   - remove anoying ":" as separator, this prevents you from using tab
>     completion in cmd window (even WiX did this with 3.5 release)
>   - add double dash as parameter prefix (as used at gnu tools) at least
>     for --help and --version
One thing I would like to investigate is implementing something like
Mono.Options instead of the home grown command args parser.  I've used
it in personal projects and it was pretty cool.  That may address your
concern here.

> Check other ci-factory tasks to add them to nantcontrib.
>
> Hint: I found macrodef at ci-factory:
> http://ci-factory.googlecode.com/svn/Current/Product/Production/Nant/CIFactory.NAnt.Tasks/Tasks/
Oh wow, pretty cool.

Thanks,