Am 26.10.2011 23:54, schrieb Ryan Boggs:
> Hey Dominik,
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dominik Guder<o...@guder.org>  wrote:
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> +1 for github.
> How many responses should we collect before we make an official
> decision on this? :)

Just count :) I don't expect many votes for others like bitbucket.

>> Other proposals:
>> - Color output. Red for errors, yellow for warning and green for
>> sucessfull build. I added this to my own net_2.0 build and I'm addicted
>> to this easily identifying Green successfull build message.
> Hehehe, That's a good idea.  I actually like that.
>
> This would be good for Windows but we should take care in *nix systems
> as some terminal emulators do not support color.

A short look at mono's BCL implementation showed that Console.ForeGround
  is basically is implemented. But this must be checked for sure.
Maybe we can check this with Log4Net team since they are providing the
ColoredConsoleAppender. (not for Mono currently)

>> - fix/polish commandline handling:
>>    - remove anoying ":" as separator, this prevents you from using tab
>>      completion in cmd window (even WiX did this with 3.5 release)
>>    - add double dash as parameter prefix (as used at gnu tools) at least
>>      for --help and --version
> One thing I would like to investigate is implementing something like
> Mono.Options instead of the home grown command args parser.  I've used
> it in personal projects and it was pretty cool.  That may address your
> concern here.

This would be fine. But we also check how we can provide backwards
compatibility.

So far Dominik

--
The answer to the great question of life,
the universe and everything is 42 (Douglas Adams)